Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany, NY
is committed to financially sustaining and enhancing the charitable, educational and spiritual ministries of the Diocese of Albany thereby enabling such ministries to bring about the Reign of God. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we assist and enable these ministries to advance the saving mission of Christ. To this end, the Foundation will:
- Cultivate endowed and major gifts for the long term benefit of the parishes, schools, programs and ministries of the Diocese.
- Encourage individuals and families to share some portion of the Lord’s financial blessings to ensure the Church’s continuing ministry.
- Serve as responsible stewards to our donors to providing effective and efficient investment and distribution of funds.
through the Foundation you are committing yourself to the Foundation’s mission to bring about the Reign of God through sustaining Catholic institutions in the diocese of Albany. By partnering with the Foundation, you are able to achieve your philanthropic goals effectively, intelligently, creatively and confidently while directly providing for Christ’s Church. Through your gifts, you can:
- Memorialize a loved one by establishing a specific fund in his or her name.
- Sustain the work of your favorite charity in perpetuity through endowments.
- Benefit from professional management and oversight of your philanthropic dollars.
- Receive the most advantageous tax benefits for your charitable giving.
“The diocese and its institutions and parishes must plan financially for the future. Endowment building is a must for the long-term vitality of the Church. This will be our legacy to the future – demonstrating to our successors that we had the vision to anticipate the needs of our Diocese.”
Edward Scharfenberger, Bishop of Albany