Make a gift after your lifetime.
Will you have assets to leave us in your estate, or do you want to build a gift through income?
Make A Gift After Your Lifetime
How it Works
- You can provide now for a future gift to the Diocese by including a bequest provision in your will or revocable trust.
- Your will or trust directs assets to your heirs.
- Your will or trust directs a bequest to the Diocese for the purpose(s) you specify.
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime.
- You can modify your bequest if your circumstances change.
- You can direct your bequest to a particular purpose (be sure to check with the Diocese to make sure your gift can be used as intended).
- There is no upper limit on the estate tax deductions that can be taken for charitable bequests.
- You can have the satisfaction now of knowing that your bequest will support the Diocese in the way you intended when you are gone.
Gifts of Retirement Assets
How it Works
- You name Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany as the beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k) or other qualified plan.
- Any residual left in your plan when you die passes to the Diocese tax-free.
- You can escape both income AND estate tax levied on the residual left in your retirement account by leaving it to the Diocese.
- You can continue to take withdrawals during your lifetime.
- You can change your beneficiary if your circumstances change.
- You can elect to leave retirement plan assets to the Diocese through your will or revocable trust instead.
- You can have the satisfaction of knowing that your hard-earned retirement assets will support the Diocese when you are gone.
Gifts of Life Insurance
How it Works
- You transfer ownership of a paid-up life insurance policy to Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany.
- The Diocese elects to cash in the policy now or to keep the policy and receive the death benefit later.
- You receive gift credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the cash surrender value of the policy.
- In some cases, you can use the cash value in your policy to fund a life-income gift, such as a deferred gift annuity.
- You can have the satisfaction of making a significant gift now to the Diocese without adversely affecting your cash flow.
“Remember, where your treasure is, there your heart is also.” Matthew 6:21. Thank you – you bring to life the mission of the Diocese, its parishes, schools and Catholic Charities! In appreciation, please enjoy this complimentary tool that allows you to create or update your legal binding will in just 20 minutes, ensuring your legacy and providing peace of mind and security for you and those you love.
Click here for the Diocese of Albany FreeWill page