About The Foundation
The Foundation of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany, New York, Inc. was established in February, 1995 as a not-for-profit charitable organization. Its purpose is to preserve and enhance the mission of the Diocese, its parishes, Catholic Charities programs and agencies, Catholic schools and other “formation” programs through the building of long-term endowment funds through the generous ongoing support of the Catholic faithful and other friends of the Church.
The programs of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany depend upon your goodwill. To that end, there are a myriad of easy giving options from which you can choose – from naming us as a beneficiary in your will to a more complex trust arrangement.
We’ve created this easy-to-understand website to help you find the gift that’s right for you. Here you can learn how to plan a gift to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany. We’ll tell you about creative giving strategies that enhance your, and your family’s, well being and help us as well.
5 Trustees, with Bishop Edward B. Scharfenberger as President, who are counseled by both a 15-member Advisory Board and a 5-member Investment Advisory Committee, govern the Foundation. Additionally, the daily management of the Foundation is the responsibility of the Executive Director of Development and Stewardship.
All Foundation accounts are held in Bank of America and the funds are invested over a broad spectrum of fixed assets and equities according to the investment policy of the Foundation. The Independent Auditor for the Foundation is The Bonadio Group.
Currently there are over 75 established accounts in the Foundation.
Welcome! We hope you enjoy the site.
The mission of The Foundation of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany is to provide an opportunity for individuals and organizations to ensure the ongoing and long term financial stability and vitality of religious, charitable and educational institutions, programs and services of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany.
The Foundation fulfills this mission by:
- seeking endowment, quasi endowment and current funds that foster and support the programs, services, aims and goals of the Church of Albany.
- assisting parishes, schools, service organizations and other Catholic organizations in meeting their ongoing and long term financial needs.
- assisting donors in achieving their charitable and financial goals.
- providing responsible and effective financial management of Foundation investments.
- distributing net earnings and income according to the wishes of participating entities, donors and the distribution policy of the Foundation.